This takes place in an alternate universe by DREADHEAD613 and may not be canon friendly.
PROJECT:VIKING(created around 2589) was the UNSC's latest rival experiment to the SPARTAN program Like the SPARTANS, the VIKINGS were taken at an early age to be trained, and implemented for war.
The naming system of each VIKING soldier involves taking the first two initials of their "birth names"(ex.EN), and combining it with their identification number(ex.V000), allowing for quick, easy identification by both their superior officers and fellow soldiers. In some cases the troopers have given each other "nicknames". The actual birth names, and places of origin are CLASSIFIED and are RESTRICTED to any one without level 0 clearance or higher.
Anecdotal evidence suggests these augmentations provide a marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity:
- Carbide ceramic ossification (Advanced material): special metal and ceramic layers, grafting onto skeletal structure to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage should not exceed 3 percent total bone mass due to the risk of significant white blood cell necrosis.
- Muscular enhancement (injections): Protein complex is injected muscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactate recovery time.
- Catalytic thyroid implant: This platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues.
- Occipital capillary reversal: Capillary submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of subject’s retina. Produces a marked increase in visual perception.
- Superconducting fabrication of neural dendrites: Alteration of bio-electrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. Provides a three hundred percent increase in subject’s reflexes.
- Most of the VIKINGS were capable of running at speeds exceeding 55 KPH (34.155 MPH), and able to lift three times their body weight due to increased muscle/bone density.
- Most had nearly no physiological or mental instabilities.However it should be noted that in a few "rare" cases, a VIKING would be very unstable, and would have to be restrained and eventually "disposed of".
- The UNSC Office of Naval Intelligence would like to assure the public that these minor outbreaks were very few, and were NOT related to the tests with Artificial Intelligences IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM.
- Regenerative abilities in certain test subjects.
- Reaction times of 19 milliseconds. Significantly faster in combat situations, or coupled with one or more AI.
- Virtual night vision. Significantly enhanced when coupled with one or more AI.
- Enhanced hearing, and smell.